This is the wiki for TTDPatch, an unofficial gameplay-enhancing and bug-fixing patch for the game Transport Tycoon Deluxe, written by Chris Sawyer. TTDPatch was originally written by Josef Drexler, but today we have a whole Patch Team working on it! For something bleeding-edge from the individual members, check out their Patch Versions (NB: These may not be more recent than the latest official builds)
If you don't know what a Wiki is, ask Wikipedia. Basically, it's a documentation system where anyone can contribute and add new content.
What can you find here? The main focus at the moment are
- The TTDPatch Manual
- The FAQs
- various Tutorials
- ways of running TTD on Linux
- information about the Extended Cargo Scheme (ECS) and George's implementation of ECS Vectors
- the Railway Dictionary for NewGRF set authors
- Development pages
The NewGRF specifications can now be found on their own wiki.
Hopefully, this wiki will soon get filled with all sorts of useful information about TTDPatch (and Transport Tycoon, of course), but if you can't find what you're looking for here, try looking at The Transport Tycoon Forums, which also hosts the official forums for TTDPatch.
If you're looking for a specific page, try the List of pages (you can search for a page name there too).
If you register and login, you can create new pages, and edit existing pages to add more content. This wiki uses TT-Forums for its user accounts, so if you already have an account on the forums, you should just be able to hit "Login" to sign in.
Hint: to create new pages:
- link to them somewhere, then click on the link to edit them. The name should make sense when read in and out of context. You can use the Sandbox to play with and test how things work, even without having to register. This feature can be especially useful if you are making a considerably long article from scratch and do not want the article page until it is (almost) finished, or
- search for the page name you want to create, then click the "Create the page" link. All rules above apply.