Welcome to the Transport Tycoon Wiki!
Welcome to the Transport Tycoon Wiki. This wiki aims to be the one stop for TTD players, veteran and beginner alike. It will eventually contain guides to the smallest things, such as building your first railway line, and purchasing your first locomotive. That's the theory at least - it's still quite the work in progress!
TT Meet 2017
Please help us make this a definitive Transport Tycoon related wiki. Read the Manual of Style and LocalStyleGuide before editing. See the Requested articles page to request an article or fulfill a request.
Please do any experimentation in the Sandbox, or create a Draft page under your user name, for larger projects.
NOTE: Unregistered users can no longer edit pages, due to significant amounts of spam being posted. If you wish to edit pages, please register.
If you're interested in real-life meet-ups of TT-Forums members, check out the TT-Forums meets!
If you're interested in Locomotion, there is a Locomotion Wiki.
This is the wiki for TTDPatch, an unofficial gameplay-enhancing and bug-fixing patch for the game Transport Tycoon Deluxe, written by Chris Sawyer. TTDPatch was originally written by Josef Drexler, but today we have a whole Patch Team working on it! For something bleeding-edge from the individual members, check out their Patch Versions (NB: These may not be more recent than the latest official builds)
If you don't know what a Wiki is, ask Wikipedia. Basically, it's a documentation system where anyone can contribute and add new content.
What can you find here? The main focus at the moment are
- The TTDPatch Manual
- The FAQs
- various Tutorials
- ways of running TTD on Linux
- information about the Extended Cargo Scheme (ECS) and George's implementation of ECS Vectors
- the RailwayDictionary for newgrf set authors
- Development pages
The NewGRF specifications can now be found on their own wiki.
Hopefully, this wiki will soon get filled with all sorts of useful information about TTDPatch (and Transport Tycoon, of course), but if you can't find what you're looking for here, try looking at The Transport Tycoon Forums, which also hosts the official forums for TTDPatch.
If you're looking for a specific page, try the List of pages (you can search for a page name there too).
If you register and login, you can create new pages, and edit existing pages to add more content. When registering, the email address is optional but useful to have the password sent to you if you forget. The address won't be shown to anyone else unless you enable that in your profile.
Hint: to create new pages:
- link to them somewhere, then click on the link to edit them. The name should make sense when read in and out of context. You can use the SandBox to play with and test how things work, even without having to register. This feature can be especially useful if you are making a considerably long article from scratch and do not want the article page until it is (almost) finished, or
- search for the page name you want to create, then click Create this page link. All rules above apply.