ECS Wood Vector. Forest

From TTWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
<< ECS Wood Vector ECS Wood Vector ECS Wood Vector. Sawmill >>

Valid for ECS 1.1

General data

Drawn by George

Ecs forest.png Ecs forest-snowed.png Ecs forest-tropic.png

The Forest is the part of the ECS Wood Vector.

Cargoes

Accepting

The Forest accepts Vehicles if defined.

The Forest does not accept any cargo during first 93 days of life if built in game.

The Forest does not accept any cargo if it is in town zone 0.

Cargo acceptance is limited by storage capacity. If the stockpile is in overflow, the industry stops accepting cargo until the stockpile is down to 50% of capacity, at which point the industry will start accepting cargo again.

Level Machinery Machinery (50%)
Very low 171 85
Low 245 122
Normal 350 175
High 501 250
Very high 716 358
Ultimate 1023 511

Acceptance limit can be disabled with parameter of ECS Wood Vector.

Production

The Forest produces Wood.

The Forest does not produce any cargo during first 93 days of life if built in game.

The Forest uses 124 production levels, represented in % from 3% to 100%.

To calculate a month production values should be summarized for all the cycles of the month (usually 8 or 9). The following calculations are given for one production cycle.

Production is equal to 16 tons of wood on the lowest production level and doubles on each next production level. If the forest has at least 1 machinery unit waiting, production is quadrupled. If machinery is not defined, the production is doubled.

At the highest production level, 1 unit of vehicles (machinery) is processed per cycle. With every level below this, the amount of processed machinery units is halved (down to the lowest production level of 1 machinery unit during 4 months).

Production change

Production change happens on the 1-st day of every month.

The Forest does not change production level during first 93 days of life if built in game.

On the lowest production level (Very low or 3%) advanced closure mechanism is applied with the following protection conditions:

  • last one on the map
  • younger than 10 years for industries, built in SE (scenario editor) or during map generation, younger than 4 years for others
  • transportation level > 75%

Protection can be changed with a parameter of ECS Wood Vector to the following protection conditions:

  • last one on the map
  • younger than 10 years for industries, built in SE (scenario editor) or during map generation, younger than 4 years for others
  • transportation level > 1%
  • Forest is built by the player during game play

Production change happens according on amount of cargo transported. If less than 50% of produced cargo is transported, production goes down, while if more than 75% is transported, it goes up. The "change production level" event is affected by random factors:

For low and normal levels, in case of production going down there is a 5% chance of increase, 15% to remain unchanged, 80% to decrease. In case of production going up there is a 80% chance of increase, 15% to remain unchanged, 5% to decrease.

For high level and above, in case of production going down there is a 5% chance of increase, 27% to remain unchanged, 68% to decrease. In case of production going up there is a 56% chance for increase, 34% to remain unchanged, 10% to decrease.

For all the levels except very low, if production should not change, there is a 10% chance of increase, 80% to remain unchanged, 10% to decrease.

Attention! If the industry is inside a town zone 0, it always generates a "decrease production" event.

Construction

The Forest has one of 3 possible layouts. New layouts are welcome (:biggrin:)

The Forest can be built on sloped land. The Forest can be built only at the end of spring. The Forest can't be built on shores.

The Forest has high probability (6) to be built by map generator and normal probability (3) to be built during game play.

The Forest can not be built by a player in a game. It should be prospected instead. It has 75% probability to be prospected. Prospecting cost factor is 255. Construction conditions for SE and map generator are represented in the table.

SE Condition
+
Build on dry land
+
Build > 1 tiles away from shore tile
+
Build > 3 tiles away from desert tile
+
Build in rain forest only (tropic Forest only)
Build at least 1 tile away from Tz0
Build > 31 tiles from a Sawmill
Build > 15 tiles from a Forest

Description of Location/Positioning Conditions

Features

The Forest is covered with snow when located above snow line.

The Forest can be build on sloped land.

The Forest uses trees of the landscape.