Copyright and copying
This program and the accompanying documentation are Copyright © 1999-2003 by Josef Drexler. TTDPatch is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). For more information please read the GNU GPL page. A copy of the license should have come with the program in the file COPYING, if not please read the license.
In particular, the standard warranty disclaimer applies:
BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS SUPPLIED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The same things in English:
- I own it (mostly*). It's mine. Muahahaha! (But I let you use it too.)
- I can't guarantee that it works, or that it works correctly.
- If it breaks, it's your fault. But you do get to keep both pieces.
- If it breaks something else, it's your fault too.
- You can give it to your friends, or anyone else you wish, as long as you credit to whom credit is due.
- You are free to offer the program on your web page. All I ask for is that you give a link back to mine, so that your visitors can be sure that they have the latest v ersion, and please mention that the program was made by Josef Drexler.
- Don't complain to Microprose about any of this. They can't help you.
(*) Note that other people have contributed code and graphics, and they generally own their contributions themselves.