TT Meet 2012
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Attendance
- 3 Travelling
- 4 Overnight in Crewe
- 5 Activities
- 6 External links
The 2012 UK Transport Tycoon Forums meet is planned to take place in Crewe on the 25th August. The exact plan is still to be finalised, but is likely to involve time in a pub and potentially a visit to the Crewe Heritage Centre. See below for further details on the venue, activities, and getting around Crewe.
As with previous years, we will not be able to accept responsibility for under-18s at the meet, so we respectfully ask that you do not attend if you are under 18 unless you are accompanied by a parent or guardian. As our initial venue is a public house, please be aware that entrance or service may be refused to under-18s. If this happens, I'm afraid we can't do anything to help you out.
Post your name/nick here if you're coming.
- orudge 12:58, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
- Geo Ghost 13:13, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
- Lankku 14:54, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure I'm coming!
If you're not that sure whether or not you'll be able to make it, but you want to make the effort, post your name/nick here
- Dave W 14:15, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
- Chrill 00:42, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
- GoneWacko 12:05, 1 May 2012 (UTC) - Really depends on who else is coming. But considering it's Crewe the chances are slim.
- Bwong 13:16, 2 May 2012 (UTC) - Depends on whether or not my plane gets delayed.... woot
- LaSeandre 04:28, 12 May 2012 (UTC) - Maaaaaayyyyyyybeeeeeeee, depends on cheap train/bus tickets.
- Born Acorn 00:04, 18 May 2012 (UTC) : Tis like 30 mins in a car. Or Taxi. Not decided yet.
- Jonty-comp 21:46, 27 May 2012 (UTC) - Might as well, beats sitting in Chesterfield having to put up with my parents. By this point I will be terribly homesick of nerds and students.
- SkeedR 17:48, 29 April 2012 (GMT)
If you previously thought you were going to be able to attend, but now can't, post your name/nick here
- 47407 20:25, 11 June 2012 (UTC) Personal issues. Sorry all.
If you are cursing your employer by failing to get a pay raise to go to the meet, post your name/nick here
Let us know how and when you're getting to the meet. This way, we will be able to know when people are arriving, and can let people know if they're likely to be travelling together or meeting each other at a station. Please try to keep all entries in time order!
- orudge - Train from North Wales, arriving 11:18 (although I can be flexible - if others plan to arrive earlier, let me know)
- Geo Ghost - Train from Stevenage via London. Shall post times when tickets are available.
- Lankku - Train from Loughborough, changing at Derby
- Dave W - Will travel on the morning. Only takes about an hour.
- Jamie - From Birmingham Noo Street on the day.
- 47407 - East Croydon - MKC/Watford Jn, then onwards to Crewe
- SkeedR WVH -> CRE
- orudge - Back to North Wales, departing 16:23
- Geo Ghost - Train back to Stevenage via London. Shall post times when tickets are available.
- Lankku - Train to Loughborough, changing at Derby
- Dave W - Travelling back to the Midlands on the day
- Jamie - Back to Birmingham Noo Street on the day.
- 47407 - Reverse of before
- SkeedR CRE -> WVH
Travel around Crewe
The initial venue for the meet is still to be decided, but is likely to be a pub.
We may move away from the pub later in the day, so if you think you're going to be arriving later than, say, 1pm, please let Owen know and he can try to update you on our location later in the day.
Overnight in Crewe
The following people will be staying in or near Crewe over the weekend:
The main focus of the meet is to get to know each other, enjoy a few pints, eat burgers, and have a laugh! While you're welcome to bring your laptop to play a game of OpenTTD or similar, you'll probably find that most people won't have gone to the trouble of doing so.
Owen is pondering rustling up a little quiz for you all, to see just how much you know about the forums and the game! Well, that was supposedly going to happen last year... maybe this year instead.
Crewe Heritage Centre
It has a miniature railway. Nuff said. Plus a variety of other interesting things. Check their web site for more information.
More importantly it has the only preserved simulated working lever frame in the country! Lordmwa 16:18, 25 April 2012 (UTC) Oh no it isnt! The Lavender Line has a working signal from a frame :) 47407 11:42, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
Trading and Bartering
Lankuu will be buying Jamie a doughnut that he owes since the London meet. Or possibly the other way round...
Winner gets to steal candy from Dave.