TT Meet 2017
The 2017 UK Transport Tycoon Forums meet is planned to take place in Birmingham on the 29th July. Plans for the day are still to be finalised, but this will be the 10th anniversary meet (the first meet having taken place on the 30th June 2007).
As with previous years, we will not be able to accept responsibility for under-18s at the meet, so we respectfully ask that you do not attend if you are under 18 unless you are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
To add your name to one of the following lists, simply edit this page and enter ~~~~ on a new line.
Post your name/nick here if you're coming.
- orudge (talk) 14:25, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- Redirect_Left (talk) 15:12, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- SkeedR (talk) 17:30, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- Pilot (talk) 20:57, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- Dave (talk) 14:22, 23 January 2017 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure I'm coming!
If you're not that sure whether or not you'll be able to make it, but you want to make the effort, post your name/nick here
- Chrill (talk) 15:40, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- Ameecher (talk) 17:51, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- Geo Ghost (talk) 00:11, 24 January 2017 (UTC) - If all goes well and I can book a couple of days off work, I shall be there!
- Bad Hair Day 14:50, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
If you previously thought you were going to be able to attend, but now can't, post your name/nick here
Let us know how and when you're getting to the meet. This way, we will be able to know when people are arriving, and can let people know if they're likely to be travelling together or meeting each other at a station. Please try to keep all entries in time order!
- orudge - Flying from Aberdeen to BHX, train to the city centre. Will stay overnight in Birmingham.
- Redirect_Left - From Wakefield Westgate (WKF) to Birmingham New Street (BHM), direct train.
- SkeedR (talk) 17:31, 18 January 2017 (UTC) - Depending on whether I can swing a lift from the gf, either car or WVH -> BHM direct
- Ameecher (talk) 17:52, 18 January 2017 (UTC) Train from Milton Keynes Central to Birmingham New Street or by car with Dave. TBC.
- Pilot (talk) 21:00, 18 January 2017 (UTC) Train from Piccadilly to Crewe, then a train to New Street, can meet up with someone at Manchester Piccadilly if wanted, or if any Euro-folk arrive into Manchester Airport, I'm happy to meet you there if you aren't familiar with the railways in the UK :D
- Dave (talk) 14:22, 23 January 2017 (UTC) - Likely to drive.
- Geo Ghost (talk) 00:11, 24 January 2017 (UTC) Train to Kings Cross, then via Euston.
- Bad Hair Day 14:50, 2 February 2017 (UTC) Train from Leicester to Birmingham.
- orudge - Flying back on Sunday afternoon.
- Redirect_Left - Most likely back same day, on a direct service back from New Street to Wakefield Westgate
- SkeedR (talk) 17:31, 18 January 2017 (UTC) - Depending on whether I can swing a lift from the gf, either car or BHM -> WVH direct
- Pilot (talk) 21:01, 18 January 2017 (UTC) Reverse of my outbound journey is the likeliest
- Geo Ghost (talk) 00:11, 24 January 2017 (UTC) Train to Euston, then back via Kings Cross.
- Bad Hair Day 14:50, 2 February 2017 (UTC) Train from Birmingham to Leicester.
Travel around Birmingham
Somebody knowledgeable can perhaps write something here.
Overnight in Birmingham
The following people will/may be staying in or near Birminghamover the weekend:
- orudge - Staying the night in Birmingham.
- Chrill (talk) 15:40, 18 January 2017 (UTC) - Staying the night sharing a bed with above user.
- Geo Ghost (talk) 00:11, 24 January 2017 (UTC) - Hiding under the bed of the above user. Anyway seriously, I'll probably stop over in the centre to make it less travel hassle
- Bad Hair Day 14:50, 2 February 2017 (UTC) - If the plan is to have a bit of a night out then I would be happy to split the cost of a hotel room with another user.
- Pilot (talk) 14:08, 10 February 2017 (UTC) - I will be requiring somewhere to stay, no plans as yet. Anyone know a decent Hotel in the centre?
The main focus of the meet is to get to know each other, enjoy a few pints, eat burgers, and have a laugh! While you're welcome to bring your laptop to play a game of OpenTTD or similar, you'll probably find that most people won't have gone to the trouble of doing so.
Still to be finalised. If you have any suggestions, please post them!