TT Meet 2014
The 2014 UK Transport Tycoon Forums meet is planned to take place in Glasgow on the 7th June. We will initially be congregating at The Lauder's pub on Sauchiehall Street for drinks and lunch. We will then head to the Riverside Museum of Transport and Travel in the afternoon.
As with previous years, we will not be able to accept responsibility for under-18s at the meet, so we respectfully ask that you do not attend if you are under 18 unless you are accompanied by a parent or guardian. As our initial venue is a public house, please be aware that entrance or service may be refused to under-18s. If this happens, I'm afraid we can't do anything to help you out.
Post your name/nick here if you're coming.
- orudge (talk) 20:04, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
- Chris (talk) 20:20, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
- 61653 18:15, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- LaSeandre (talk) 17:58, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
- Ploes (talk), 17:37, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
- lolman (talk), 15:30, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure I'm coming!
If you're not that sure whether or not you'll be able to make it, but you want to make the effort, post your name/nick here
If you previously thought you were going to be able to attend, but now can't, post your name/nick here
- SkiddLow (talk) 19:12, 19 March 2014 (WIT)
- Aycliffe (talk) 09:51, 4 April 2014 (UTC) Too much going on... College on the Friday and no-one can spare time to cover work on Monday. Way too much pressure.
- JamieLei (talk) 19:15, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
Let us know how and when you're getting to the meet. This way, we will be able to know when people are arriving, and can let people know if they're likely to be travelling together or meeting each other at a station. Please try to keep all entries in time order!
- orudge - Driving down in the morning
- 61653 - Train from Huddersfield at 0540 with changes at York and Edinburgh, arriving into Queen Street 1021.
- Aycliffe (talk)Train from Euston.... May go up on Caledonian Sleeper if it looks reasonable enough.
- Chris (talk) 20:24, 22 March 2014 (UTC) - EC Train from Leeds to Haymarket at 7:10, then ScotRail to Queen Street at 10:49
- JamieLei - Virgin Train from London Euston to Glasgow Central
- LaSeandre (talk) 18:00, 18 April 2014 (UTC) - Train from my local (Dumbarton Central), any time on the day
- lolman - Train from Newcastle at 0743,changing at Edinburgh and arriving into Queen Street 1021.
- orudge - Wheelbarrow back north the next day (after my stag night!)
- 61653 - Leaving on the 1200 from Queen Street to Waverley on sunday.
- Aycliffe (talk)Train from Glasgow back... Probably.
- Chris (talk) 20:28, 22 March 2014 (UTC) - ScotRail train from Queen Street to Edinburgh at 18:00, then EC from Edinburgh to York at 19:00.
- LaSeandre (talk) 18:00, 18 April 2014 (UTC) - Train back to my local
- lolman (talk) - Train to Leeds in early evening.
Travel around Glasgow
To be completed.
Overnight in Glasgow
The following people will/may be staying in or near Glasgow over the weekend:
- 61653 Booked into the Blue Sky Hostel on Berkeley Street (across the M8 from Charing Cross).
The main focus of the meet is to get to know each other, enjoy a few pints, eat burgers, and have a laugh! While you're welcome to bring your laptop to play a game of OpenTTD or similar, you'll probably find that most people won't have gone to the trouble of doing so.
We will be heading to the Glasgow Museum of Transport (Riverside Museum) for a couple of hours in the afternoon. See the "cheat sheet" PDF below for more details.