TT Meet 2008
The 2008 Transport Tycoon Forums meet will take place in London, on the 9th of August 2008. We will meet initially at Leicester Square at around 11am. Amongst other events, the Meet shall feature a team-based game known as The Game. See the documents in the External Links section for more details.
Post your name/nick here if you're coming.
- orudge (Owen Rudge) 17:58, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
- Andel (Dominic Lund-Conlon, Esq.) 17:58, 9 May 2008 (FKW)
- Natasha - Dominic's Missus
- Anna - Child of TT-Forums
- Dave Worley (Sir David Worley IV) 17:59, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
- Fiona - "Keep yer grubby hands off!"
- Sacro (Ben Woodward) - 17:59, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
- Born Acorn (Chris Jones) - 22:49, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
- Lobster (Michiel P. L. Braas) - all the way from beautiful DUTCHLANDS and such (famous for "I will a-sodomise you").
- GoneWacko (Stijn Gijsen) - 16:28, 14 May 2008 (UTC) - Andel, the surname's with an e!
- Axamentia (Adam Moore) - will also be arriving post wacken from the Netherlands
- JamieLei (Jamie Hodgson) - Now confirmed, 20:34, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
- Griff (Benjamin Griffin) - 23:19, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
- tycoonmarkj (Mark Jones) - 23:23, 6 June 2008 (UTC) - i will have monies!
- Lankku (Sam Thorpe)
- Prof_Frink (Alan Blanchflower) (I said I found the anti-badger spray!)
- conroysj (Samuel Harcus)
- Hyronymus (Jeroen Otto)
- DJC (David Chandler)
- Atomicdanny (Daniel Leach) , 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- Kevo00 23:52, 19 July 2008 (UTC) (Kevin Tennent) Should be able to trundle up.
- Brian Ronald 10:40, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- Patchman (Josef Drexler)
- Helen Ronald (briefly, before heading off to shop)
- lolman (John Brennand) - will be showing up, to the dismay of several of you!
- Lakie 15:20, 29 July 2008 (UTC) - Finally decided to go for it.
I'm pretty sure I'm coming!
If you're not that sure whether or not you'll be able to make it, but you want to make the effort, post your name/nick here
- Jonty 21:31, 9 May 2008 (UTC) - But it's looking less and less likely.
- Jolteon - Ask Andel if he'll let me xD (The man from Clacton said...)
- Benjamin ( AKA DraXX )22:28, 03 June 2008 - I can finally buy Mark that beer I owe him.
- SkeedR (Oliver Deeks) - 22:57, 9 May 2008 (UTC) - I am short on money and am still looking for £200 for my gap year. If i happen to have some spare cash on the day, i will attempt it. If not, have a fun time.
- lws1984 (Lewis) with wife and kids!
- Ameecher - Dependent on personal issues.
Let us know how and when you're getting to the meet. This way, we will be able to know when people are arriving, and can let people know if they're likely to be travelling together or meeting each other at a station. Try and keep all entries in time order :)!
Useful links: Tube Map
- Dave Worley - ECML Leeds-KX around midday on the Friday.
- orudge ECML Leuchars - King's Cross on Friday night
- conroysj LU on Saturday morning
- Sacro either WCML into Euston or SWT into Waterloo/Victoria/Vauxhall on Saturday morning
- Griff 7:48 NXEC, ECML. PBO-KGX.
- tycoonmarkj ECML Harrogate - King's Cross on Saturday Morning
- Brian and Helen Ronald - Newcastle to Kings Cross on the National Express ECML, departing at half past four in the f***ing morning because it's cheaper, arriving at 8am
- Prof_Frink Poole - Walerloo Saturday morning (probably dep 0806-1020 arr)
- Born Acorn - Wrexham and Shropshire - Wrexham to Marlyebone - 5:27AM from Wrexham General for 9:56 arrival, Saturday Morning
- Ameecher - GEML Norwich to Liverpool Street arriving at 10:25 approx.
- Andel is co-ordinating the train via GEML from Clacton and Colchester (see notes)
- Atomicdanny SouthEastern - Chatham Mainline - Saturday Morning - Arriving at London Victoria at about 10:17AM
- SkeedR - Chippenham To Paddington (Bristol Temple Meads service) - 09:15AM arrival Saturday morning
- GoneWacko - arriving at Heathrow on the 8th; Travelling with Andel to the meet.
- JamieLei - Birmingham Snow Hill or Tame Bridge Parkway to London Marylebone. Morning of 9th July.
- Kevo00 Walking. Will pass near London Bridge, Canon Street and Blackfriars stations if anyone is approaching.
- Andel - with Gonewacko, Lobster, Patchman, Anna and Tasha from Liverpool Street on the evening.
- GoneWacko - Travelling back with Andel; Leaving from Stansted on the 10th.
- Lobster - Travelling back with Andel; Leaving from Stansted on the 10th.
- Patchman - Travelling back with Andel; Leaving from Stansted on the 10th.
- Prof_Frink - Waterloo - Poole Saturday evening
- Sacro ECML from King's Cross back to Hull on Saturday night
- tycoonmarkj ECML from King's Cross to Harrogate on Saturday Night
- Atomicdanny - SouthEastern - Chatham Mainline - Saturday Evening / Night from London Victoria
- SkeedR - Paddington to Chippenham (Bristol Temple Meads service) - 06:00PM train
- JamieLei - London Marylebone to Birmingham Snow Hill or Tame Bridge Parkway. Evening of 9th July.
- Kevo00 Bus RV1 from Covent Garden/Aldwych to Tower Bridge Road.
- Brian and Helen Ronald - Returning on the half six National Express ECML.
- Born Acorn WSMR back to Wrexham General Sunday Morning from Marylebone
- Dave Worley ECML KX-Leeds on Sunday Morning.
- orudge ECML King's Cross - Leuchars on Monday morning
Website: National Express East Anglia
On Saturday, 9th August, Andel will be travelling from Clacton-on-Sea on the 08:50 (1N31), on the following pattern:
Ameecher will be travelling on 1P12 08:30 Norwich to Liverpool Street service.
We will then get a Bus #23 to Trafalgar and walk to Leicester Square... or roll in Andel's case.
East Coast Users
|London Kings Cross||08:04||10:27||All change please, all change.|
Departing London King's Cross 17:30 Calling at
Stevenage arriving 17:50, departing 17:50 Peterborough arriving 18:21, departing 18:21 Grantham arriving 18:42, departing 18:42 Newark North Gate arriving 18:54, departing 18:54 Doncaster arriving 19:17, departing 19:18 Wakefield Westgate arriving 19:35, departing 19:35 Leeds arriving 19:52 The train continues to Skipton
Onward (return) connections will be: 20:29 Leeds to Harrogate (me) 19:47 Doncaster to Hull (for Sacro) 20:10 Leeds to Man. Piccadilly
Arriving at Paddington.
Take the Bakerloo line and change at Piccadilly Circus.
Travel around London
The two cheapest ways to travel around London is with either an Oyster card or an integrated travel-card and ticket.
With an Oyster, during off-Peak times (all of Saturday), the price cap is set at £4.80 for travel within Zones 1 and 2, ie: once you've spent £4.80, any subsequent travel within those zones is free. You can obtain an Oyster card for a refundable deposit of £3.00 at any London Underground station.
You can also register an Oyster card such that it is tied to a 16-25 Railcard (previously Young Person's Railcard) which will give reduced off-peak fares and caps but this does need to be purchased and acquired in advance.
Many destinations within 150 miles of London offer a Day Travelcard ticket that gives return travel on the day between your origin station and London, with Zones 1-6 unlimited travel on top. This will quite often work out cheaper than buying a separate return ticket, and then using Oyster. From Birmingham (via High Wycombe), the marginal cost of a Day Travelcard over a Cheap Day Return is £3.50, reducing to £2.35 with a railcard. Check the NXEC Booking Engine for details as it offers Day Travelcards tickets.
If you require use of any of the greyed-in National Rail lines, Oyster Pay-As-You-Go will not be valid. As such, you will be required to buy a Travelcard, a paper ticket allowing unlimited travel within the specified Zones on all London Underground, DLR, Buses and National Rail services. The price of a Zones 1-2 Travelcard is £5.30. You may buy a reduced Travelcard for Zones 1-6 only with a railcard for £4.80, the same price as the Oyster Zones 1-2 cap.
Further information can be sought from Transport for London.
Please note that some distances which are possible by public transport may be quicker walked, particularly single tube station journeys and bus journeys in the centre.
Overnight in London
The following people will be staying in London over the weekend:
- Dave Worley: Fri/Sat
- Orudge: Fri/Sat/Sun
- Hyronymus: Fri/Sat
- Born Acorn: Sat
If you're bringing a digital camera, or a video camera, please let us know here. At least one camera per group will be required for the game. In addition, Owen would appreciate any video of your journey, your time at the meet, or your group's part of the game, for the Meet 2008 video.
- orudge - Bringing digital camera and DV camera
- Born Acorn 21:18, 11 July 2008 (UTC) - Digital camera - May bring HDD DV for video
- Ameecher - Nikon D40 that is above Video :P May also bring Canon powershot A420 that does do video.
- tycoonmarkj 23:25, 11 July 2008 (UTC) - Nokia n95 8GB
- Andel - Nikon L2 for basic video and camera
- conroysj - bringing digital camera that can do video, albeit not the best quality
- Atomicdanny - bringing Casio EX S-880 which can do video, although not as good as a camcorder (I will also bring a Casio EX S-600 as backup)
- Dave Worley - I'm bringing my phone, which has a 3.2 megapixel camera and takes alright static shots, if we're stuck.
- JameiLei - bringing phone camera LG Viewty, which takes OK-ish 5M pics, but sexcellent videos if needed for Owen's sexy DVD.
- Kevo00 23:55, 19 July 2008 (UTC) Will bring my digital camera, which can do video for about 10 mins and phone camera.
- Brian Ronald - Kodak 4MP jobby. I'll try to make sure its battery's properly charged. It has no time stamp feature (although it does have date stamp).
- The Frink - Bringing digital camera (Nikon S550)
The game will comprise of small teams trying to obtain photos of different transportation model types (e.g. class of train, bus model etc). The types assigned to each team will be random and on a card inside an envelope, handed to each team leader. You can only use public transport or on foot to get there and back - no taxis allowed!
Points will be assigned as following:
|Category||1st Back||2nd Back||3rd Back|
|Time of first photograph||10 Points||5 Points||0 Points|
|Clarity||5 Points if the photo is not blurred from camera stability or vehicle motion (even if the photo is in context)|
|Quality||10 points if the photo is in a context shot (e.g. passengers disembarking), 5 points for a snapshot|
|Bonus Photo||20 Points||10 Points||5 Points|
|Speed||20 Points||10 Points||5 Points|
On the day there will be more than 3 teams, therefore making it harder to score points.
Confirmed wives and girlfriends attending so far are:
Any other ladies that see this page and wonder why the hell their bloke is going to meet some other geeks, feel welcome to go shopping around London with your fellow better halves!
At last! Someone who understands! Thanks for posntig!