TT Meet 2011
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Attendance
- 3 Travelling
- 4 Overnight in Manchester
- 5 Cameras
- 6 Activities
- 7 External links
The 2011 UK Transport Tycoon Forums meet is planned to take place in Manchester on the 27th August. The plan is for the event to begin at the Old Wellington Inn in Manchester city centre at around 11am. We may then decide to move on and visit other attractions in the city, such as MOSI. See below for further details on the venue, activities, and getting around Manchester.
As with previous years, we will not be able to accept responsibility for under-18s at the meet, so we respectfully ask that you do not attend if you are under 18 unless you are accompanied by a parent or guardian. As our initial venue is a public house, please be aware that entrance or service may be refused to under-18s. If this happens, I'm afraid we can't do anything to help you out.
Post your name/nick here if you're coming.
- orudge 18:27, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- Jonty 22:46, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
- ThorRune 13:18, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
- Dave W 23:20,30 May 2011 (UTC)
- lolman 00:38, 17th July 2011 (UTC)
- GoneWacko for S&Gs 21:31, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- Welshdragon & Natalie (am now coming) 00:31, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
- Eastpath (John), possibly with son (Stephen) 12:35, 6 August 2011 (UTC)(Re-categorized from 'pretty sure')
- SHADOW-XIII 15:36, 13 May 2011 (UTC), confirmed 25th August
I'm pretty sure I'm coming!
If you're not that sure whether or not you'll be able to make it, but you want to make the effort, post your name/nick here
- Leanden 00:53, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- Ploes.... maybe.
- Eoin 12:06, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
- msammels 11:46, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
If you're not attending, but are going to be tying together some rope to make a noose on the day of the meet, or even attempt to scrounge off your boss, post your name/nick here
- Weirdy Too much effort before the start of uni... herp derp
- Born Acorn 23:58, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- Geo Ghost - Currently unable to attend due to the cost of travel. Many apologies. 17:18, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- Lordmwa 11:26, 11 July 2011 (UTC) Parents will be around in liverpool so i cannot come now - maybe next year
- Jolteon - Required at the place where I volunteer, no one else will do it.
- Griff 11.54, 2 May 2011 (UTC)
- 47434 05.51, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
If you're not attending, but are going to be farting in the general direction of the meet, or even do it virtually using MSTS/Trainz or even RailWorks, post your name/nick here
- 73129: Festival of Transport weekend 10:39, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
If you're not attending, but are going to be scowling in the general direction of the meet and cursing Ploes, post your name/nick here
- LaSeandre 18:17, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
Let us know how and when you're getting to the meet. This way, we will be able to know when people are arriving, and can let people know if they're likely to be travelling together or meeting each other at a station. Please try to keep all entries in time order!
- orudge - Flying down from Aberdeen
- Leanden - Driving from South Lincolnshire almost certainly
- Griff - Either train from Liverpool or Peterborough.
- Dave W Probably to Manchester on the day.
- 47434 - Most probably train from Huddersfield (There's always the 184 bus, but i bet it's hellish!)
- Geo Ghost - Assuming prices are reasonable, train all the way from Stevenage to Manchester via London KX/Euston.
- SHADOW-XIII - From London same day early morning by Megabus, arriving 12:40
- Jonty - on a train from wherever I happen to be at that time; most probably from Chesterfield.
- Eoin - 06:05 Scotrail from Dundee - Edinburgh, 07:46 TPX From Edinburgh to Manchester Piccadilly (arriving 10:56)
- ThorRune lands with ryanair the 26th
- msammels Travelling by car.
- lolman 07:33 Train from Newcastle
- GoneWacko Flying in from Amsterdam with KLM, arriving at 8:20 AM.
- Welshdragon 09:07 Arriva Trains Wales Service to Piccadilly arrives 10:56.
- Eastpath Train from Chester to Piccadilly arrives 10:56
- orudge - Flying back up to Aberdeen
- Leanden - Driving back to South Lincolnshire almost certainly
- Dave W Probably back from Manchester on the day.
- 47434 - May stay with friends in Withington if it can be arranged, otherwise I'll be on the train back to Huddersfield
- Geo Ghost - Reverse of before. Train back to Stevenage via London Euston/Kings Cross.
- SHADOW-XIII - Leaving same day 17:15 to London by Megabus
- Jonty - a train to back from whence I came
- Eoin - 18:07 from Manchester Oxford Road to York, 19:55 from York to Edinburgh, 23:09 from Edinburgh to Dundee (arriving 00:39 :O)
- Thor-Rune'll be on a roam, so going wherever seems interesting :)
- msammmels Travelling by car.
- lolman 17:26 train to Newcastle
- Welshdragon Travelling by train to Wales
- Eastpath Train from Piccadilly to Chester.
Travel around Manchester
The initial venue for the meet is The Old Wellington Inn, 4 Cathedral Gates, Manchester, M3 1SW. The pub opens at 10am, so if you're in town early, you may have to find something else to do - there will be a few of us knocking around, though, so try to get in touch with Owen if you're looking for something to do!
We may move away from the pub later in the day, so if you think you're going to be arriving later than, say, 1pm, please let Owen know and he can try to update you on our location later in the day.
Manchester Piccadilly to the pub
- It's a 20 minute walk or so from Manchester Piccadilly railway station to the pub
- Directions can be found on Google Maps
- Alternatively, take the free Manchester Metroshuttle bus route 1 from the station forecourt and alight at the end of Deansgate. More details on TfGM Metroshuttle information page
Manchester Oxford Road to the pub
- Take the free Manchester Metroshuttle bus route 2 from the station forecourt and alight at the Cathedral. More details on TfGM Metroshuttle information page
Manchester Victoria to the pub
- Manchester Victoria is even more convenient for the pub - just a 5-10 minute walk away
- Directions can be found on Google Maps
Manchester Airport to the pub
- From Manchester Airport, you simply take any train to Manchester Piccadilly railway station. Transpennine Express offer frequent services, and a return ticket will cost you £3.60 (£2.40 with a railcard). A single is £3.50, so there's not much point in buying one unless you're not going back to the airport!
- National Rail can provide train times.
Overnight in Manchester
The following people will be staying in Manchester over the weekend:
If you're bringing a digital camera, or a video camera, please let us know here. In addition, Owen would appreciate any video of your journey, your time at the meet, and so on, for the Meet 2011 video, should he have time to actually make it. Considering the 2009 video hasn't been made yet, though, then that's perhaps not all that likely...
- orudge - Bringing DSLR
- Born_Acorn - DSLR, which is installed with the HD videoness.
- Geo Ghost - DSLR (Nikon D200) and possibly my DV camera if I have it.
- ThorRune Casio compact camera of decent sort.
The main focus of the meet is to get to know each other, enjoy a few pints, eat burgers, and have a laugh! While you're welcome to bring your laptop to play a game of OpenTTD or similar, you'll probably find that most people won't have gone to the trouble of doing so.
Owen is pondering rustling up a little quiz for you all, to see just how much you know about the forums and the game!
The excellent Museum of Science and Industry is just a 15 minute walk away from the pub, and it's free! If people fancy it, we may take a trip there in the afternoon.