TT Meet 2016
The 2016 UK Transport Tycoon Forums meet is planned to take place in London on the 9th July. We will initially be congregating at The Thirsty Bear pub on Stamford Street for drinks and lunch. We will then head to the London Transport Museum in the afternoon. If there's any interest, we may go down to the East End for a famous Brick Lane curry.
You can find more information here: http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=191893
Post your name/nick here if you're coming.
- Dave (talk) 18:21, 29 May 2016 (UTC)
- Chrill (talk) 19:16, 29 May 2016 (UTC) - (likely with a +1)
- Geo Ghost (talk) 20:50, 29 May 2016 (UTC)
- FLHerne (talk) 22:47, 29 May 2016 (UTC)
- Nordic Dragon (talk) 14:04, 1 June 2016 (UTC).... can at least attend for most of the weekend
- Pilot (talk) 09:38, 3 June 2016 (UTC) Yep! I'm definitely coming now! :)
- Redirect_Left (talk) 15:16, 7 June 2016 (UTC)
- JGR (talk) 23:40, 13 June 2016 (UTC) I'll be coming along
I'm pretty sure I'm coming!
If you're not that sure whether or not you'll be able to make it, but you want to make the effort, post your name/nick here
If you previously thought you were going to be able to attend, but now can't, post your name/nick here
If you'd be interested in attending a heritage railway on Sunday, please post your name/nick here
- Nordic Dragon (talk) 14:06, 1 June 2016 (UTC) As I live in London, would be worthwile
- Pilot (talk) 11:00, 2 June 2016 (UTC) I'm interested, however, it will depend on my booked journey back to Manchester
- 61653 Definitely interested, but can only be a maybe at the moment. It's a while since I've been in the Smoke so I may end up with other social engagements. Probably not though!
Let us know how and when you're getting to the meet. This way, we will be able to know when people are arriving, and can let people know if they're likely to be travelling together or meeting each other at a station. Please try to keep all entries in time order!
- Dave (talk) 18:21, 29 May 2016 (UTC) - I live here, so I'll be there when you are.
- Chrill (talk) 19:18, 29 May 2016 (UTC) - Staying at the InterContinental by the O2 arena. Will be showing up by tube, if there is one nearby. I don't know.
- FLHerne (talk) 22:51, 29 May 2016 (UTC) - Train from Huntingdon (or maybe Cambridge) to Blackfriars via Kings Cross.
- Geo Ghost (talk) 20:18, 30 May 2016 (UTC) - Down to KGX, then STP to Blackfriars. I'll probably arrive in KGX around 11ish, then out of St. Pancake on the 1118. Drop me a message if you want to meet up along route =)
- Pilot (talk) 17:44, 31 May 2016 (UTC) - Travel to MAN, flight BA1387 to LHR, Heathrow Express to Paddington, then Tube as required (on the Thursday)
- Nordic Dragon (talk) Train from Croydon to London Bridge. RV1 bus thereafter.... unless 700s are running
- Redirect_Left (talk) Wakefield Westgate (WKF) to London St. Pancras (STP), arriving at 11:14
- JGR (talk) Ipswich (IPS) to London Liverpool Street (LST), arriving 11:14
- 61653 Ticket booked from Doncaster, I'm on a super off-peak so will decide which service nearer the time. I'll be a day earlier than most anyway.
- Dave (talk) 18:21, 29 May 2016 (UTC) - I'll be trudging home likely on a bus.
- Chrill (talk) 19:18, 29 May 2016 (UTC) - Staying at the InterContinental by the O2 arena. Perhaps a proper London taxi to take me back?
- Pilot (talk) 17:46, 31 May 2016 (UTC) - Reverse of the above on the Sunday, flying back on BA1402
- JGR (talk) Most likely London Liverpool Street (LST) to Ipswich (IPS)
- 61653 probably staying until Sunday early evening, again I'll decide on my train nearer the time. May stay til Monday if I can extend my hostel booking.
The following people will/may be staying in London over the weekend:
- Chrill (talk) 19:18, 29 May 2016 (UTC) - Hotel: InterContinental London - The O2
- Pilot (talk) 17:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC) - Hotel: Club Quarters Hotel - St Pauls
- 61653 Smart Hyde Park View Hostel. Booked in for Friday and Saturday night.
Please see the meet document for information.
The main focus of the meet is to get to know each other, enjoy a few pints, eat burgers, and have a laugh! While you're welcome to bring your laptop to play a game of OpenTTD or similar, you'll probably find that most people won't have gone to the trouble of doing so.