TT Meet 2012
The 2012 UK Transport Tycoon Forums meet is planned to take place in Crewe on the 25th August. We will be congregating at the Gaffers Row pub at 48 Victoria Street for drinks and lunch, before moving on to the Crewe Heritage Centre in the afternoon. See below for further details on the venue, activities, and getting around Crewe.
As with previous years, we will not be able to accept responsibility for under-18s at the meet, so we respectfully ask that you do not attend if you are under 18 unless you are accompanied by a parent or guardian. As our initial venue is a public house, please be aware that entrance or service may be refused to under-18s. If this happens, I'm afraid we can't do anything to help you out.
Post your name/nick here if you're coming.
- orudge 12:58, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
- Lankku 14:54, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
- Geo Ghost 12:50, 26 July 2012 (UTC) - now confirmed!
- Jolteon 23:21, 28 July 2012 (UTC)
- Chrill 02:07, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
- SkeedR 17:48, 29 April 2012 (GMT)
- Welshdragon 01:28, 13 August 2012 (UTC) +2 (Natalie and a friend,)
- Born Acorn 18:40, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure I'm coming!
If you're not that sure whether or not you'll be able to make it, but you want to make the effort, post your name/nick here
- Dave W 14:15, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
- Bwong 13:16, 2 May 2012 (UTC) - Depends on whether or not my plane gets delayed.... woot
- Jonty-comp 21:46, 27 May 2012 (UTC) - Might as well, beats sitting in Chesterfield having to put up with my parents. By this point I will be terribly homesick of nerds and students.
- 47434 14:14, 16 June 2012 (BST): Probably coming by train from Huddersfield. Will know more on Monday when the football fixtures come out. EDIT: Burnley at home that day, I think I can give that one a miss!
If you previously thought you were going to be able to attend, but now can't, post your name/nick here
- LaSeandre 02:49, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
- 47407 08:03, 21 August 2012 (UTC) Working that weekend
- Eastpath 08:53, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
Let us know how and when you're getting to the meet. This way, we will be able to know when people are arriving, and can let people know if they're likely to be travelling together or meeting each other at a station. Please try to keep all entries in time order!
- orudge - Train from North Wales, arriving 10:18 (although I can be flexible - if others plan to arrive earlier, let me know)
- Geo Ghost - Train from Stevenage via London. Train from Euston: 08:10 - 09:47
- Lankku - Train from Loughborough, changing at Derby
- Dave W - Will travel on the morning. Only takes about an hour.
- Jamie - From Birmingham Noo Street on the day.
- SkeedR WVH -> CRE
- Jolteon - Brockholes to Huddersfield, to Manchester Piccadilly, to Crewe. Not sure of arrival time.
- Chrill - "From Birmingham Noo Street on the day."
- Maverick - From Reading by car. PM me for lifts, maaaaaate!
- Welshdragon - getting a lift from maaaaatey above!
- Born Acorn 18:40, 24 August 2012 (UTC) - Brum brum
- orudge - Back to North Wales, departing 16:23
- Geo Ghost - Train back to Stevenage via Stafford & London. Train from Crewe: 17:49 - 18:09. Train from Stafford: 18:36 - 19:56
- Lankku - Train to Loughborough, changing at Derby
- Dave W - Travelling back to the Midlands on the day
- Jamie - Back to Birmingham Noo Street on the day.
- 47407 - Reverse of before, although I'll probably go to Euston, then bus route 2 home ;)
- SkeedR CRE -> WVH
- Jolteon Reverse of above likely sometime earlier than most people.
- Chrill - "Back to Birmingham Noo Street on the day."
- Welshdragon - Slow train to Birmingham New Street, then CrossCountry to Oxford.
- Born Acorn 18:40, 24 August 2012 (UTC) - Brum brum
Travel around Crewe
Travel for the day will basically involve a lot of walking, or perhaps a bus or two if you're not up to the walking. Owen has created a "cheat sheet" for the meet describing the meet venues and routes between them. If you have any queries, please post on the forum topic mentioned in the External Links section below.
Some useful maps with directions can be found here:
Overnight in Crewe
The following people will/may be staying in or near Crewe over the weekend:
- 47407 19:09, 21 July 2012 (UTC) - Possibly, depending on weather and what the general area is like....
The main focus of the meet is to get to know each other, enjoy a few pints, eat burgers, and have a laugh! While you're welcome to bring your laptop to play a game of OpenTTD or similar, you'll probably find that most people won't have gone to the trouble of doing so.
Owen is pondering rustling up a little quiz for you all, to see just how much you know about the forums and the game! Well, that was supposedly going to happen last year... maybe this year instead.
Crewe Heritage Centre
It has a miniature railway. Nuff said. Plus a variety of other interesting things. Check their web site for more information.
More importantly it has the only preserved simulated working lever frame in the country! Lordmwa 16:18, 25 April 2012 (UTC) Oh no it isn't! The Lavender Line has a working signal from a frame :) 47407 11:42, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
Trading and Bartering
Lankuu will be buying Jamie a doughnut that he owes since the London meet. Or possibly the other way round...
Chrill might have to buy Jamie a cider in return for the overpriced cider bought in Sweden!